General

[DISCUSSION] What do you want to do with LattePanda?

userHead AsmodeusNOIR 2016-04-19 19:29:01 136093 Views40 Replies
As a first time maker, (with a mountain of a challenge ahead of me, I think), it's got me wondering what other projects people are going to be working on with the LP?

So, what're ya buildin'?
2020-12-23 21:50:32 I'm just looking for new ideas right now userHeadPic denj
2020-05-08 01:32:41 I wanna know that what bunch off people will do in forum discussions..and, I want to participate enthusiastically userHeadPic shitall
2019-01-18 10:11:01 I really want to receive and open the package I've been waiting for since pledging to support on Kickstarter in January 2018, and hold the LattePanda Alpha 864 in my hand. userHeadPic blakbird
2019-01-18 10:11:01 I really want to receive and open the package I've been waiting for since pledging to support on Kickstarter in January 2018, and hold the LattePanda Alpha 864 in my hand. userHeadPic blakbird
2019-01-17 20:01:38 Error Code 0X80071A90 has affected my laptop but I want to install the lattePanda software in it. Do I need to fix it with https://errorcode0x.com/error-code-0x80071a90/ and then install it? userHeadPic Gennysmith
2019-01-17 20:01:38 Error Code 0X80071A90 has affected my laptop but I want to install the lattePanda software in it. Do I need to fix it with https://errorcode0x.com/error-code-0x80071a90/ and then install it? userHeadPic Gennysmith
2018-11-22 01:27:17 Nothing major for me, but our home minecraft server died horribly a day after recieving the panda. I *was* planning on just playing around with it. but due to the circumstances i plonked the minecraft server on it...

result: (Also using the 128GB M2 SSD spare from my desktop PC's upgrade)
Slightly better performance, approx 5-10% of the power draw*
me: speechless

*my old desktop: AMD FX 8120, 16gb ram

I then plugged in my 6TB USB 3 HDD and found it could handle backups from the NAS on top without any performance impact...

So to sum up: this should pay for itself at some point, just from power savings

The fan doesn't even need to spin if 2 or less players are logged in O.o
userHeadPic Failquail
2018-11-22 01:27:17 Nothing major for me, but our home minecraft server died horribly a day after recieving the panda. I *was* planning on just playing around with it. but due to the circumstances i plonked the minecraft server on it...

result: (Also using the 128GB M2 SSD spare from my desktop PC's upgrade)
Slightly better performance, approx 5-10% of the power draw*
me: speechless

*my old desktop: AMD FX 8120, 16gb ram

I then plugged in my 6TB USB 3 HDD and found it could handle backups from the NAS on top without any performance impact...

So to sum up: this should pay for itself at some point, just from power savings

The fan doesn't even need to spin if 2 or less players are logged in O.o
userHeadPic Failquail
2018-11-04 04:33:18
dogonthemoon wrote: ↑Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:58 pm I just pre-ordered the LattePanda Apha and plan to experiment with low energy solar powered ethereum mining using the m.2 PCIe adapter/riser. Anybody familiar with the power consumption of the board alone at idle?
We measured the voltage, current and heatsink temperature simultaneously under different CPU loads on a regular LattePanda (not Alpha). The picture below shows current (red plot on the above recorder) at idle (far left), moderate load and full load (far right).

You can find detailed information on voltage + current (power) and temperature measurement setup and results here.

userHeadPic dino.florjancic
2018-11-04 04:33:18
dogonthemoon wrote: ↑Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:58 pm I just pre-ordered the LattePanda Apha and plan to experiment with low energy solar powered ethereum mining using the m.2 PCIe adapter/riser. Anybody familiar with the power consumption of the board alone at idle?
We measured the voltage, current and heatsink temperature simultaneously under different CPU loads on a regular LattePanda (not Alpha). The picture below shows current (red plot on the above recorder) at idle (far left), moderate load and full load (far right).

You can find detailed information on voltage + current (power) and temperature measurement setup and results here.

userHeadPic dino.florjancic
2018-09-06 15:20:56 Hello there,
I have purchased two of the LP both are being used in robots being developed for the automotive industry.

I was not aware that the power switch needs to be pressed in order for the LP to power up.

I guess I will mod the board a bit and add in a ne555 timer to do the job of turning it on.

I'm thinking this should be added as an bios option for auto-power up of the LP. That would save a lot of problems down the road.
userHeadPic Robert_d1968
2018-09-06 15:20:56 Hello there,
I have purchased two of the LP both are being used in robots being developed for the automotive industry.

I was not aware that the power switch needs to be pressed in order for the LP to power up.

I guess I will mod the board a bit and add in a ne555 timer to do the job of turning it on.

I'm thinking this should be added as an bios option for auto-power up of the LP. That would save a lot of problems down the road.
userHeadPic Robert_d1968
2018-08-01 21:30:49
ED209 wrote: ↑Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:07 am
jamesljlster wrote: ↑Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:11 pm I'm a student from Taiwan. Our lab want to build a sensor (e.g. camera, infrared sensor, and laser range finder) server with development board.
The server needs large network and I/O bandwidth to handle heavy data transmission.
I've search on LattePanda website to ensure that I/O chips have their own PCIe channel, but no information found...
I would appreciate it if LattePanda provides hardware diagram on the document.
It will be great that you can share more details about the I/O requirement you are talking about. If you need the PCIe feature support from the board, I think you could consider to choose LattePanda Delta and Alpha. Because it comes with m.2 connector with PCIe x4 bandwidth.

And what the heavy data transmission you mentioned? Any accessory connected on LattePanda for your case?
The heaviest data transmission is real time video streaming.
By the way, thanks for the suggestion!
userHeadPic jamesljlster
2018-08-01 21:30:49
ED209 wrote: ↑Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:07 am
jamesljlster wrote: ↑Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:11 pm I'm a student from Taiwan. Our lab want to build a sensor (e.g. camera, infrared sensor, and laser range finder) server with development board.
The server needs large network and I/O bandwidth to handle heavy data transmission.
I've search on LattePanda website to ensure that I/O chips have their own PCIe channel, but no information found...
It will be great that you can share more details about the I/O requirement you are talking about. If you need the PCIe feature support from the board, I think you could consider to choose LattePanda Delta and Alpha. Because it comes with m.2 connector with PCIe x4 bandwidth.

And what the heavy data transmission you mentioned? Any accessory connected on LattePanda for your case?
The heaviest data transmission is real time video streaming.
By the way, thanks for the suggestion!
userHeadPic jamesljlster
2018-07-17 01:58:01 I just pre-ordered the LattePanda Apha and plan to experiment with low energy solar powered ethereum mining using the m.2 PCIe adapter/riser. Anybody familiar with the power consumption of the board alone at idle? userHeadPic dogonthemoon
2018-07-17 01:58:01 I just pre-ordered the LattePanda Apha and plan to experiment with low energy solar powered ethereum mining using the m.2 PCIe adapter/riser. Anybody familiar with the power consumption of the board alone at idle? userHeadPic dogonthemoon
2018-07-16 11:07:48

userHeadPic ED209
2018-07-16 11:07:48

userHeadPic ED209
2018-07-07 22:11:39 I'm a student from Taiwan. Our lab want to build a sensor (e.g. camera, infrared sensor, and laser range finder) server with development board.
userHeadPic jamesljlster
2018-07-07 22:11:39 I'm a student from Taiwan. Our lab want to build a sensor (e.g. camera, infrared sensor, and laser range finder) server with development board.
userHeadPic jamesljlster