[Tutorial] How to Fix Internet Sharing Issue with Wi-Fi and Hotspot Adapters
if you want to use Cecullar as hotspot, in some cases, internet sharing might be incorrectly linked to the Wi-Fi adapter instead of the hotspot adapter. This tutorial will guide you through the steps to fix this issue by correctly configuring the internet sharing settings.
1. Open Mobile Hotspot Settings: Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Hotspot.
2. Turn on Mobile Hotspot: Toggle the switch to turn on the mobile hotspot feature.
3. Access Related Settings: Under "Related Settings," click on "Change Adapter Options."
4. Identify Adapters: Take note of which adapter is connected to the internet and which adapter is your mobile hotspot (typically named "Local Area Connection*[#]").
5. Open Properties: Right-click the adapter that is connected to the internet and click "Properties."
6. Navigate to Sharing Tab: In the Properties window, go to the "Sharing" tab.
7. Disable Internet Sharing: Uncheck the box next to "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection." If this option is already unchecked, skip this step.
8. Save Changes: Click "OK" to save the changes.
9. Re-Enable Internet Sharing: Open the "Properties" window again for the same adapter and navigate to the "Sharing" tab.
10. Enable Internet Sharing: Check the box next to "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection." If you receive a popup that says "Internet Connection Sharing is currently enabled...", click "OK" to proceed.
11. Select Hotspot Adapter: Under "Home networking connection:", select the mobile hotspot adapter from the dropdown menu.
12. Save Changes: Click "OK" to save the changes and close the window.
By following these steps, you should have successfully fixed the internet sharing issue with your Wi-Fi and hotspot adapters. Now, the internet sharing should be correctly linked to the hotspot adapter, allowing other devices to connect and use your computer's internet connection.