Project OpenSource CCTV NVR

userHead RoninByte 2024-09-03 23:45:15 136 Views0 Replies

An open source CCTV NVR (Still WIP)!

My Background
I am always into tinkering and tearing stuff open to see how things work ever since I was young. I am currently a student studying another subject. I have no background in making PCBs, I've never attempted it before but gave it a shot as an enthusiast who loves to learn new skills, so i took on designing a PCB.

How the project came to be

I had a well known branded DVR from a company that worked well for the first year however soon after the DVR started to-do funky stuff like splitting the hard drive and turns off randomly etc and the fact only one hard drive could be added. Fed up with issues that were occurring i ventured out to make my own NVR that was upgrade able and i came across the Lattepanda MU event (https://www.lattepanda.com/forum/topic/335025), i submitted my idea and it was accepted.

Photo Of PCB:

NVR Requirements

4 x sata ports

4 x power for sata

2 x USB 3 ports for external storage

2 x USB 2 ports for other peripherals 

2 x M.2 Slots (1x Specialized M.2 slot designed to take dual TPU card like the coral edge Dual TPU 1x Normal M.2 for boot drive)

2 x Ethernet Ports (1gbps currently but intend to use 10gbps one)

1 x CPU Fan Header

1 x 12v System Fan Header

1 x HDMI

1 x USB-C for power ( may be possible to turn it into DP port aswell for both video out power saving space on the board) 

1 x 12v DC barrel Jack

Where is the project files

GitHub

Reason for using Github. Is that i need the communities help, pull requests to complete and improve the boards are open for you to submit, this is because i am running out of time as i will be going back into my studies and i am not an electrical engineer by trade, so anyone with experience in this is welcome to review and give constructive criticism on the board

Checklist

I used the Lattepanda Lite Carrier to make my board

- Removed some unneeded stuff [Done]
- Add Screw Holes for the NVME slots [TO-DO]
- Possibly remove the ref clock amplifier and splitter for a crystal oscillator for simplicity reason [TO-DO]

- Add Sata power header [TO-DO]

- Complete the traces [TO-DO]

- Add 12v Fan header for system fan [TO-DO]

- Switch to 10gbps Ethernet [TO-DO]

- Make a case [TO-DO]