Problem with RS232 on LP 3 Delta using Windows

userHead Christian.Drüke 2024-09-06 05:39:23 117 Views4 Replies

Hi,

I have problem to communicate with other devices using the onboard RS232 interface. To test the communication I used an external RS232 USB adapter connected to an other PC.

I used Putty on both side, the LattaPanda and the other PC, to connect to the serial ports using the default settings provided by Putty. I expected that the input on one device will be shon on the oder device an vice versa, but its not. For the test I pressed six time the letter "a" into the Putty window on each of the machines. The output is show in the following images.

Output LattePanda

Output other PC

The interesting part is that the issues are not incorrect in the same way.

The LattePanda is running the lates Windows 11 update, but I got the same behaviour with the Windows 10 installation as well. The Bios is the latest version.

I installed all drivers from the driver page for the LattePanda 3 Delta and I have uninstalled the Communication device using the Device Manager und force the system to use the new driver. I'm not sure if this did work, because I thought the driver I needed was the "intel Serial IO Driver" but it uses a Microsoft Driver (see the image below). I tried to force it to use a driver from the "intel Serial IO Driver" zip file, but it says that there is no compatible driver available.

Do I miss something. Is there an other driver to use or some settings to change?

Thanks in advance

Christian