LattePanda Sigma Dead After 1 Month?

userHead ecrsail 2024-10-04 14:21:17 43 Views1 Replies

Hello,

I purchased a LattePanda Sigma (32 GB/No WiFi) in late August and received it shortly thereafter.   I had no issues installing an M.2 SSD (Samsung 2TB 990EVO) and the operating system.   The device was working well for me and in fact I was just getting ready to purchase another Sigma for a project of mine when this device seemed to die overnight.

Symptoms Upon Discovery:

-- Device unresponsive over (wired) ethernet

-- Device was unresponsive to keyboard or mouse input (USB)

-- Device was not driving the display (over Thunderbolt) --- the display was dark indicating no signal

However, 

-- Initially, the blue power LED light was ON

-- Ethernet activity LEDs were blinking

Although the system was just running idle overnight, I suspected that some software had crashed.  The CPU fan was not running however which concerned me.  The device was cool to touch.   Pressing and releasing the power button had no effect.   At this point, the device was receiving power both via the TB display and the official LattePanda Sigma DC Power Supply.

After several attempts to reset/reboot the device, I disconnected the device from the Thunderbolt display (since TB has power priority) and removed all other peripherals and tried turning it on again.   No change.  

But this time the Blue LED power light remained OFF and there was no ethernet LED activity.  

I completely disconnected the DC Power Supply, waited a minute, and tried turning the device on again.   It did not turn on and there is no LED activity.

I then removed the M.2 SSD and and let the device sit for over an hour unplugged.   Attaching the DC Power Supply and attempting power up still results in no activity.

So it appears this new LattePanda Sigma has died after less than 30 days of use.    I am reached out to technical support and am awaiting their reply, but it is the National Holiday Week in China currently so I will be waiting for a response.

I wanted to post this information here in case anyone else has experienced this or has ideas what might have occurred.